People opt for an asphalt driveway because of its many benefits, including cost efficiency and noise reduction. That makes asphalt one of the most used materials for large outdoor spaces. If you choose asphalt for your parking lot, then you are in luck. Besides being a material that is easy to repair, it is also easy to keep. If you have no idea how to maintain your asphalt parking lot, we’ll give you tips on how to do it. But first, why is parking lot maintenance important?
Why Parking Lot Maintenance Is Essential
Parking lot maintenance seems like unnecessary work. After all, a parking lot is a public place that welcomes all the wear and tear, dirt, and damage other people and vehicles bring. Nonetheless, it is an important task to do regularly. Cleaning and maintaining the parking lot can help you preserve its condition better, preventing you from spending so much every time you need a repair or replacement.
Moreover, a clean parking lot can give people a positive impression of your establishment. It could also discourage people from littering and vandalizing your property.
Here are other good reasons for cleaning the parking lot regularly:
- You get a parking lot that’s friendly to the eye.
- A clean parking lot immediately reveals any cracks or potholes that need to be fixed in your asphalt.
- It makes your parking lot free from any harmful chemical leftover from some car fluids.
- It helps you save money in the long run.
- It keeps your parking lot looking brand-new.
How to Remove Tough Parking Lot Stains
Stains in parking lots are one of the worst physical damage to deal with. These stains are brought about by the different automotive fluids that affect how your parking lot looks. Removing these stains may require you to exert some effort, but they would also give you a worthwhile result.
When you have an asphalt parking lot, these stains may not visibly show, but that does not mean you should ignore them. You would want to keep a clean parking lot to avoid any more demanding cleaning job in the future.
Here are some cleaning tips you can do:
- Scrub Them Away: If you have the time, scrubbing the stain away is an economical solution you can do. You only need to choose among bleach, baking soda, and trisodium phosphate (TSP) to use on the surface. Any of them would help you clear up the stain in your parking lot. Using a firm, tough brush and your strong hands, scrub the stain until it is gone.
- Pressure Wash Them Away: If you want a simpler and easier process, you can always resort to pressure washing machines. Add a mild cleanser with your powerful streaming water, and the solution could remove stains coming from spills. You also get to remove dirt, bird droppings, fungus, and leaves in the process. Just make sure that you know the right setting to use for asphalt. Too much pressure could damage your parking lot instead of helping it look better.
- Sealcoat Every 3-5 Years: Add more protection to your asphalt parking lot by seal coating it every 3-5 years. Doing this would also keep UV rays, water, and oils from damaging your asphalt.
The parking lot is an extension of your property, and it should never be left unattended. Address problems like stains as early as you can and find ways to prevent getting them again. Doing this could improve the durability of your parking lot and make it look good for a long time.
If you’re looking for paving companies in Monmouth County, NJ that will bring you a top-quality asphalt driveway and parking lot, contact us at Dan the Paver. We are experts in many areas of paving and landscaping, offering quality results backed by 25 years of industry experience. We serve clients in New Jersey.